As I enter my roaring 20’s I thought it would be a good idea to bestow some of my wisdom to all my lovely readers. I’ve had my fair share of ups and downs after an awesome childhood, three crazy high schools, and the whirlwind that is college. I’m a strong believer that there is something beautiful about each stage of life. As much as I would love to stay young for the rest of time I’m so excited to see what adulthood has in store for me! My definition of success has changed over the years and I’m still scared and unsure about my future, but I know that one thing will never change: the most important thing in life is to be happy 🙂
20 Things I’ve Learned In My 20 Years:
- If you see an opportunity to do something awesome you NEED to go for it. Stop making excuses or feeling like you’re not ready because you’ll regret it later.
- Don’t do something just because you feel like you have to or because you’re afraid of quitting. You really didn’t like track and field that much and honestly you weren’t very good. You shouldn’t have been afraid to quit!
- You’re not a bad cook at all! You just need to have patience and let the water boil.
- NO ONE is perfect or as they appear to be. You’re not perfect and that girl you’re stalking on Instagram isn’t perfect either and that’s okay.
- Not everyone is going to like you just like you don’t like everyone! Seriously.
- Even when the WORST possible thing happens you’ll be devastated but you’ll STILL wake up the next morning and everything will continue on as usual.
- The ONLY people who should be allowed to do your eyebrows are Indians. No Persians. No White people. ONLY INDIANS.
- Long underwear is a life-saver.
- Astrology is real. #Pisces4Life
- Never pay full price for clothes!!! You’re wasting your money. Wait for the tag sales and take time to look through second-hand stores in LA where rich people throw away their clothes.
- Three high schools later and one of the most important lessons I learned is that everything is temporary and accepting change and being adaptable is the only way to progress in life. Friendships are temporary, homes are temporary, feelings are temporary, and every stage in your life is temporary. Moving on is hard but nothing good will come out of staying in the past.
- 16 year-olds shouldn’t be trusted with money! It should have been put directly into a college fund.
- If you want something you really need to go for it! Things are not always going to fall into your lap and you need to work hard for what you want.
- STOP trying to be friends with the popular kids. Three high schools later and you still don’t seem to understand that the popular kids are mean and honestly so boring while the nerds are smart and fun! Just accept who you are.
- Friends are the family you choose. My close friendships are something I really treasure and put my all into. Even when I feel alone and like my world is falling apart my friends are always there to support and uplift me.
- You can’t truly appreciate money until you work retail during the holiday season for $11/ hour (especially at Anthropologie with snobby rich people).
- Being in love is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world! Hold on to it and treasure every moment. Allow it to make you the best version of yourself.
- Every time your older (and wiser) sister gives you advice you need to take it and do exactly as she says. You never do and you ALWAYS regret it.
- Smiling and taking genuine interest in people is the best way to make friends.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things and allow life to take you where it wants you to go. Allow yourself to be happy and take in everything the world has to offer.
February has definitely not been my month and I’ve had a lot going on so I decided I didn’t want to have a real birthday celebration this year but OF COURSE my AMAZING friends surprised me with the most amazing pajama party brunch! (Please refer to #15)